Why is the beginning so important and how to make these 27 seconds unforgettable.
In today rapidly growing world of digital streaming these first 27 seconds and this first impression will determine if someone will take the time to listen to the entire song or not. As most listeners when they are searching for the new music via different digital services and platforms won’t waste time if they don’t experience the core substance of your music within these first 27 seconds. So, it is becoming more and more difficult to keep a listener`s attention for an entire song. The first 27 seconds should be unforgettable and easy to remember.
Here are some tips how to make these first 27 seconds well-remembered:
1. It is important within the first 27 seconds to use a strong point of your song that catches the listeners` ear and makes them to keep listening. For example, opening your song with a catchy instrumental or vocal can help to grab a listener’s attention. You can use this element within the first 27 seconds in one way or another and then repeat it periodically throughout the song.
2. Words in your lyrics are as important as music itself. Don’t forget it! Consider using words in your lyrics that create a rhythm and rhyme pattern all on their own even without instrumentation and you will see how strong your song will become! Use the rhythm, the melody and the meaning that can make your song super catchy.
3. Be original! If there is any special sound, phrase, lick, hook or any other remarkable element in your song, see if it can somehow work within the first 27 seconds and use it. Incorporating unpredictable and original elements in your song is one of the most effective ways to announce that your song is something special!
4. If you are serious about getting people to listen to your music so don’t make any fancy frills or any unnecessary embellishments on your track just because you are trying to capture someone’s attention.
5. If your music genre is rock or metal try to use a catchy and original guitar reef which will deep your listeners into a song and will make the entire track unforgettable.
As we see, lyrics, melodic intervals, rhythms, and instrumental licks are important enough to make a listener crank up the volume instead of moving on to the next song. Use the below tips to grab your listeners` attention from the very beginning and don’t let them go! And always remember that first impression is lasting and it always sticks in the memory. People feel within these first 27 seconds if they enjoy the rest of the song and even an entire album.